Thursday, July 26, 2012

Stuck doing Laundry


I'm a night owl, and enjoy doing laundry late at night, when no one is around (well, except the homeless). I went to a local Laundromat, which is open until Mid-night.  A notification posted everywhere stating the door automatically lock at midnight, the premise is that you will be able to get out, but if you leave after mid-night, you won't be able to get back in to the building.

So, as you can see the scene is set.  It's Thursday, I'm alone and it's midnight, and I'm folding my clothes. Some of the lights, shut off automatically, still bright enough to not be concerned about not being able to see my clothes.  I'm all set to leave, I get to the door, and the door won't open. No matter what I do, the door won't open.  A phone number is plaster everywhere in the Laundromat, and I don't have a phone with me.  

Every car that drives by the plaza, I am trying to wave down, at this point. Lets just say, I know what a monkey feels like in a cage. I was doing moves that I didn't even know I had, jumping around like I was crazy.  My thought was, ok if I can flag someone down, they can call the number, and I will be freed!!

Well, the first hour rolls around, second hour.  My thought process changes too, well it opens back up at 7 a.m. Maybe I should sleep, doors will unlock, I'll have just enough time to get home, take a shower, and go to work.  Ok, there is no way I was going to get any sleep.  Anytime, a car passed I did my monkey dance, @ 3 a.m. I see a car slow down, turn into the parking lot, and it's a cop. I'm thinking YAH!!!! ok, must have been a slow night, and I was going to be the story of the night. The cop walks close to the window, as I am screaming trying to explain the situation and the cop is chuckling, ok not something I want to see at 3 in the morning.  Before I knew it, two other cop cars appear, and I'm glad I don't have a complex, because all I see, is three guys laughing as I pace the floor.

The owner of Laundromat, took over 2 hrs before he showed up, to unlock the door.  Needless to say, one of he requirements when I moved was to have a laundry room that is accessible 24 hours a day.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kim, it should have been Lucy, Ethel and Kim! Again another enjoyable post!

    ReplyDelete