Tuesday, July 17, 2012

It's my Life!

Welcome to CrazyKimADay!! Ok, so what is so special about this blog?  Well, it' my life story.  I will share with you, funny, inspirational, sad and let just say, stories that can only happen to me!  So, why not start with a memory which was sparked by today's event.

Here is what I had posted on FaceBook today:
I swears, I'm the only one that can walk out if a hair-salon and look like I never got a haircut and it took an 1 1/2 hours to cut, well am hour of cutting and the half for playing with it, "your hair is so soft". " Its just sliding threw my fingers" "oh did I grab your hair to hard" Look at those banana curls. I think she needed a shower after I left. LOL.

Which leads to my story of the day:

My Mom who sadly passed away 3 years ago, was my hairstylist all my life.  So, going to someone else, has been a painful occasion, not only because she knew my hair and what I liked but now I have to pay.   Never the less, I have been in search for a stylist for these many years.  Here is my first experience:

I walked into a salon and asked for a haircut, I gave my name, and sat down, I see a women who appears to be in her 70's walking to the counter. I instantly said to myself, she can't be the hairstylist, can she?  Don't get me wrong it wasn't the age that matter, but she had one eye.  I'm thinking a one eyed, hairstylist?  I was like ok.  As my name was called, I thought what is the worst that could happen?

So, off I went and she was so sweet, and I felt bad, I kept thinking she must need the money to be working at this age. We discussed what I wanted for a hairstyle, and I felt confident, that she knew what I wanted, as she raised the scissors, it was clear to me, the worst was GOING to happen.

Not only did she have one eye, but apparently, couldn't see out of the other eye.  Her face was about an inch from the back of my head, and she started to cut away. I never looked into the mirror in fear of what I was going to see, and then the end came, and I looked up, and smiled at the old lady (not sure, if she could see my face or not) I said, Oh, it looks great, thank you!!

When I walked closer to the waiting area, I noticed two ladies look up at me at the same time, both of their jaws opens wide and I swear I heard one gasp for air.   Like I said before.....It can only happen to me.

2 comments:

  1. Kim, I enjoyed your story and I am looking forward to reading your future posts. I will need the name of that salon so I can give them a wide berth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your story!!! You have to tell me what did she do to your hair to make them gasp? Aunt Linda was the only one back in the day I would allow to give me a perm...I miss her!

    ReplyDelete