Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Over the Moon

My oldest brother reminded me, that it is our brother's 30th high school reunion.  Which brought back a memory (which I had hoped I would forget) however, I'm thinking only Alzheimer's will be the only way to forgot, but it is me we are talking about, so it is probably the only memory that will stay in my head.

It was a rainy day, and so the graduation was to take place in the high school gym, I was wearing a skirt outfit.  It was gray and white strips, picked especially for this occasion.

The gym had already started to fill up, and so we had to walk up to the 6th row of the bleachers.  My mother turned to me, and said, "let me hold on to you", so I was like "OK", so we walked up together.

As the ceremony ended, and people started to pile out of the gym, my mother grabbed my elbow and said, "let me hold on to you" and once again I said, "OK".

We only got passed our first step, when I hear,  Whoa, and again, Whoa....and then the final WHOAAA!  I felt myself being pushed. Yes PUSHED!!  Let's just say, it was like a slow motion somersault. I somehow landed with my legs in the air, skirt over my head. Yes folks, I mooned the class of 1982!

I asked my mother, why did you push me? Her response, "Well I had to gain my balance." My response,  "So, you threw me down the bleachers?" We laughed  Of course, I was embarASSED (pun intended), but it is one of many wonderful memories shared with my best friend (my Mom).


1 comment: